I’m in the process of redesigning and reorganizing this website. In the coming months, the layout, navigation, and overall look-and-feel of the website may change. I’ll also be removing some old information that is no longer up-to-date. As time permits, I will update and repost articles that may still be of interest. Please bear with me during these changes.
I’ve recently been experimenting with Google Docs. If you have Internet access and a Google account (and who doesn’t?), Google Docs is a pretty handy way to create a document you can store on Google Drive, and also print or download if you wish. Because a Google Doc can be shared with others in various ways, it’s an ideal tool for collaborative editing.
A Google Doc can also be embedded into a website. What you see below is an example of that. What’s really nice about this is that you can update what a visitor sees on the webpage simply by editing the Google Doc. The embed is dynamic and shows the current version of the Doc.
I was at Kew Gardens during the Summer Festival that was held May 29 – September 5, 2010. During this time, there was a Butterfly House located in the Princess of Wales Conservatory. This provided an excellent opportunity to observe and photograph a variety of butterflies.
You can see more photos from this visit in my Kew Gardens slideshow.
What information does this website collect?
You may visit this site anonymously. If you voluntarily fill out a form on this website, personal information may be collected from you. For example, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, and other information which may serve to personally identify you. In addition, this website may provide opportunities for you to provide comments or feedback, which will be anonymous unless you yourself include personally identifying information.
What may your personal information be used for?
Any personal information collected from you may be used in the following ways:
- To improve the website
- To respond to your individual questions or requests (e.g. via email)
- To personalize your experience on the website
- With your consent, to share your comments or feedback with other visitors to this website
Personal information you provide to this website will not be sold exchanged, transferred, or given to any other party for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, except as may be required by law enforcement agencies.
When your comments or opinions are collected with the intent of making those public on the website, you will be informed of that and asked to consent to such use. No other personal information will be provided with such comments or opinions unless you yourself include such information as an integral part of the comments or opinions you provide.
Does this site disclose any information to outside parties?
The owner of this website does not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties either your personally identifiable information or anonymous information that may be obtained by software when you visit this website. However, the owner of this website may release both personally identifiable and anonymous information when such release is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce this site’s policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any party.
Information provided by you or obtained through your use of the website may be available to third parties who provide the software or services required for operating this website, and their use of that information may be beyond the control of the owner of this website. For more information regarding third party software and services used by this website, please see the About page.
Third Party Links
This site may include links to third parties who provide information, products or services. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. This site therefore has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nontheless, your feedback is welcomed concerning malicious content or actions on the part of any third party site linked to by this site.
Terms and Conditions
This policy was last modified on 11/1/2010.
By accessing the this web site you are agreeing to be bound by:
- the Terms and Conditions of Use found on this page,
- all applicable laws and regulations.
You also are acknowledging that you are responsible for your compliance with any laws or regulations that may apply to you. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are not authorized to use or access this site.
The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
3. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on this web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on this web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated at the discretion of this website’s owner at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on this web site are provided “as is”. This website makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, the owner of this website does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on this Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall the owner of this website or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on this Internet site, even if the owner of this website or that owner’s authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
6. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on this web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. The owner of this website does not warrant that any of the materials on this web site are accurate, complete, or current. The owner of this website may make changes to the materials contained on this web site at any time without notice. The owner of this website does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
The owner of this website has not reviewed all of the sites linked to this Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the owner of of this site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
9. Governing Law
Any claim relating to this web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law provisions.